Friday, June 3, 2011

When should I replace the u-joints on my 2003 trailblazer?

I have 92000 miles and getting ready to to a tune up. When should I change the u-joints? The vehicle is running perfectly. What else should I change? I have changed the tranny and rear differential fluid and thats all.|||Block the front wheels. Raise the rear of the vehicle %26amp; support on jack stands. Place the shifter in neutral. Crawl under the vehicle with a trouble light.


1. Shake the drive shaft. It should be tight no movement within the u-joints.


2. Spin the shaft. Should turn easily; no squeaks or grinding sound.


3. Inspect the u-joint. The joint should have no rust streaks on any of the caps.





Perform the same test on the front driveshaft if equipped.





禄禄禄|||if they are still good then don,t fool with them. they will let you know when they are starting to go bad. you will hear a clunking noise.|||u joints are a swap them out when they go bad thing they can go 200000 miles and still work or they can fail at 20000 miles