Friday, September 23, 2011

Can my fiancee sponser me?

I am a UK citizen planning to marry my U.S fiancee next year. I am told that after we marry I must file to change my status. I am also told that in order for me to move to the U.S and get married my fiancee will need to file form I-864, Affidavit of Support in order to become my sponsor. Until now my fiancee has only worked voluntary so has no income tax records. She has just started her first fulltime paid job but is only earning $16,100 per year. She also currently has $12,000 in savings would this qualify her to sponsor me?



I should also add that we will be living alone and she does not have any additional household members. I also have $25,000 in savings which I will put into our U.S joint savings account before we marry.



I am hoping that this will be enough for her to sponsor me?



I would like to thank you in advance for your replies.
Can my fiancee sponser me?
Fiance petition info here:



http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ >
Can my fiancee sponser me?
Minimum she will need for 2 of you is $18220 which is a very low amount to live on ..you may need a co sponsor



Follow the flowcharts here



http://familybasedimmigration.com/forum/鈥?/a>