Monday, September 19, 2011

Real bad viberation in my '96 Chevy Silverado...?

... I have changed all 3 u-joints about 2 years ago. I started getting a viberation just over a year and a half ago. I brought it in to get checked out they said I had a bad wheel bearing. I had both front bearings replaced and I still have the viberation. I took it in about a month ago to a new garage and they rebalenced the drive shaft checked the carrier bearing and again every thing turned out fine. Two weeks later it got worse. Every time I roll out of the gas it shakes the whole truck. I did some research and found some reports say its the tranmission rear bushing, and others say to check the diff. fluid level. I feel the vibs. in my feet and in the wheel at the same time. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Real bad viberation in my '96 Chevy Silverado...?
I would take it to a shop that can diagnose it properly. I would also go back and get refunds at the shops that mis-diagnosed it. Sounds like either rear axle or transmission problems.
Real bad viberation in my '96 Chevy Silverado...?
try reving it up and watch the engine.Might be a motor mount.
This could also be oil on one of the spark plugs making your engine miss fire. Had it happen in my ford and it gets real bad the faster you go.
Well since you have had all those things done and still nothing, i had this happen once and it turned out to be my tires.
tires need balanced or bad tie-rod end. If you feel it in the steering wheel i doubt its the trans.
Broken motor mount. I had to replace mine. I went though H*** . they are not expensive but a pain in the ***.
Have you tried just revving it up standing still? Could be a harmonic balancer moved out of balance.

Cooling fan lost balance?

How about wheel balance.

Have you checked the tie rod ends.

Bad steering idler arm%26gt;

Has the steering gear come loose from the frame?

Broken centerbolt in a rear spring?

Loose rubber inside a tire?



Have someone follow you on the highway and watch for signs, useing cell phone. See if the truck doglegs
IF the flywheel (flexplate) lost a balancing weight - that might cause it. IF the HARMONIC balancer has spun or shifted U will 4 sure get a Vibration . The rear Transmission Mount being BAD or loose could cause it. Tailshaft bushing would REALLY HAVE 2 B LOOSE..a water pump fan blade missing will cause a vibration..Wheels %26amp; tires balanced ? Bell housing tight ? Torque Converter to flex plate tight,,Flex plate not cracked ? Happy New Christmas Year !!!
  • cleaning out a
  • software
  •