Thursday, September 15, 2011

Swap cv drive shaft for one with U-joints?

I've got a 1989 Ford Bronco II (stock height) 2.9L V6 auto the tires are slightly larger 235/75/15. and in the last six months I've gone through 5 CV drive shafts (from the Transfer case to the rear diff) and I've grown tired of changing them. I would like to know if it's possible to swap the two easily. The CV one is held in place with 8 bolts (4 on each end) and if possible what can i get the part out of if i were to visit my local junk yard. feel free to ask for more info as i don't know if i've said enough. I had a Mechanic look at it, he can't find any thing wrong with my truck, I've been buying the drive shafts from Lordco Auto Parts, and the boots keep ripping out, causing the grease to spill, water to get in and bearing fall out, and i'm stuck in the middle of no where.
Swap cv drive shaft for one with U-joints?
gears could be set different causing the tourqe coming from the engine throught the tranny to the driveline causeing the driveline to snap...try going to inland truck parts
Swap cv drive shaft for one with U-joints?
Offroad truck works

4x4
are you putting the driveshaft in properly i have a 1000horse engine and still use stock driveshaft and have 10in lift