Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's wrong with my civic?!? help!

ok so, my front passenger side wheel has been kinda wobbly,

and i thought it would just e a little loose because i had rims put on,

but the lug nuts couldnt be tightened on that rim because

my brother stripped the bolt hole thing and he gorilla glued

the rim cover back on.

so i just thought we'd have to take it off and tighten it,

but i had my brother drive it and he said it might be a U Joint???

im gonna take it in to have it looked at, but i dont want them

to tell me bullshit just to get me to pay more.

the steering is pretty loose, lots of free play in the wheel.

other than the wobbly-ness (i can hear it when my windows down),

no other weird sounds or clunking or shaking or anything.

its an 02 civic EX, automatic transmission.

i got it with 88,000 miles on it, ive put almost 16,000 on it.

i havent done any maintenance other than oil changes

and air filters.



i was wondering if someone knew if theres something major

i should get done, and also what could be wrong with the

steering / tires thing...



THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH :)
What's wrong with my civic?!? help!
It could be a bad wheel bearing. But have a mechanic take a look. This type of problem can be diagnosed in two minutes for just about free.
What's wrong with my civic?!? help!
Stableizer bars or rack %26amp; pinion. or front axles or CV Joints. Dont go too far- can cause you to lose control Good luck!
some times it could be just the rim...some rims require you to have a balance insert to make it snudged onto the hub/rotor...