Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is it my trans going out? or is it my u-joints?

my 93 suburban has been riding fine until now. when i turn the wheel or hit the gas hard, its making a hard clinking noise in the back. i had another suburban that was doing the same thing and was told it was the rear end.

does my 93 suburban need a trans filter change, or needs to be lubed up, or a new trans?

the drive shaft shakes a little when my husband check it.

it sorts of gives a hard kicking in the back, but otherwise rides fine.
Is it my trans going out? or is it my u-joints?
Agree with above answer, except keep your foot on the BRAKE, not the gas.



lol. If you keep your foot on the gas, you will hear several loud clanks.
Is it my trans going out? or is it my u-joints?
Start your suburban. Keep your foot on the gas. Shift from %26quot;park%26quot; to %26quot;drive%26quot; then back to %26quot;park%26quot;. Now shift to %26quot;reverse%26quot; and then back to %26quot;park%26quot;.

Do you hear a fairly loud clang when you shift to drive or reverse. If yes, it's your u-joint, if no then look somewhere else for your problem.