Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Problems with a 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis?

I have a 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis. It was parked for about a week while I recovered from back surgery. I got in it on Friday and started driving. I noticed a rough Idle when I put it in to drive. As I drove on it turned it to a serious shudder when my engine was reaching RPM and about to shift. Once it shifts it is not as rough until the RPM are higher, then it shudders more. This is a serious shudder, shaking the whole car. I have changed the plugs, checked my u joints and they look fine, transmission fluid looks fine, and I am just out of guesses. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated



Thanks in advance!!!!
Problems with a 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis?
aww, the grande marquis!! lovely cars, the problem with these cars(this year model, since I had one) is they love to DRIVE!!!



mine would do this. it even cut off, it sat for a long time!! anywho, I revved my engine pretty high to get it going, kinda like it had trash in the lines? just an Idea though.
Problems with a 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis?
how about putting some cleaner in the tank, you might have WATER in the gas tank from setting so long without being driven...



also you might wanna have the tranny looked at, it's a 16 yr old car..
Sounds like engine mounts, the higher rpm's make the engine shake more, hence the shudder.