Friday, September 23, 2011

Help, Help , Please A quick question?

How do I know if my u-joints in the drive shaft are bad?My drive shaft look old it have rust what should I do? Beside I havest change my ATF Fluids in 9 years! Now I got a broke seal on the tranny! The cars is a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9 engine with 100k!
Help, Help , Please A quick question?
the best way to find out is crawl under the truck and push up and down on the driveshaft close to the rear u-joint and again on the front u-joint and any movement then they need replaced.
Help, Help , Please A quick question?
clunking when putting in gear, squeaking when moving,vibration, or if the ends are loose you could have a bad u-joint, the best way is to remove the shaft the joints should move freely in both directions no binding or slop is allowed
Put the truck in drive then reverse and back when sitting still. Is there a loud Clunk? Or park on a flat spot, put the E-brake on, trans in neutral, go under it and by hand move the drive shaft back and forth for a visual check of the free play, there should be none. If there is free play you will be able see which one is worn out. Good Luck.
  • good online schools
  • share hotel rental fee
  •